As much as I love my UGREEN NAS, it doesn't come with a built-in app for backups. There's one, actually, but it only allows backups between different NASes or between your NAS and your PC. While I needed to set up a backup from one drive on my NAS to another drive on the same NAS. I tried a few Docker containers with web UI, but I wasn't able to make them work, or they didn't work as I wanted (for example one app encrypted the backups, and I wasn't able to change this. And I didn't want my files encrypted, I just needed a simple copy). So in the end, I decided to go with creating a script that runs rsync for a backup and schedule it with cron. I just needed to back up my music folder from one drive to another. Here's how I did this: 1) Log in to your NAS via SSH . 2) Run: sudo nano /usr/local/bin/backup_music.sh 3) The Nano editor will open, paste this there (update the script to use your paths) SOURCE="/volume1/4TB_NVME/Music/" DEST="/m...
Here's how to connect to your UGREEN NAS via SSH: 1) Enable SSH in UGREEN NAS WEB UI -> Control Panel -> Terminal: 2) Download Putty (SSH Client) 3) I recommend setting up a hostname for your UGREEN NAS instead of using the IP address everywhere. You can do this by navigating to Control Panel > Device Connection > LAN: 4) Open PuTTY, enter the hostname or IP address of your NAS, and click "Open": 5) Keep in mind, that only admin users will be able to log in via SSH. Here's where you choose the user's role: 6) Log in using your NAS username and password. Once logged in, you can freely explore and perform actions as needed. In the example below, I briefly navigated through the NAS file system for demonstration purposes.:
I spent quite a while figuring out how to disable or unbind the NVidia's Statistics Overlay that appears when you press Alt + R by default. It's really frustrating that NVIDIA has taken over the Alt + R combination. Not only is it easy to trigger Alt + R by accident, but this hotkey is commonly used for other purposes as well. Here’s how you can rebind it to something else: 1) Open the NVIDIA app and click the “triangle” icon in the top right corner: 2) In the just appeared overlay click the Settings icon: 3) Then select Shortcuts: 4) And finally change "Toggle statistics overlay on/off" hotkey to something else:
Comments
Post a Comment